Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Other side of Day #55

    So this is definitely the mad house tonight.... My cat, Bob, 17, toothless and kind of cross eyed has been staring at me for some time now....just staring, with her tongue sticking out, meowing that silent meow I have no idea why, she has food and water. Rufus our dog is whining because Bella, our other dog took the last rawhide away from him, I can't take it away from her... because he stole it from her to begin with, she just took it back.
     Max is obsessed with watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and despite having hundreds of vhs tapes he could be watching..... he wants to watch The Grinch.. The Grinch, however is the only tape that refuses to play, so he is relentlessly pushing play, taking the tape out, putting it back in, rewinding it, forwarding it and crying. I have tried 25 other tapes hoping to appease him, and miserably failing. It is 9:35 pm and we have been doing this since 5:00, over 4 and a half hours. This is one of those segments of time that I throw my hands up in the air yelling, "GOD? Are you kidding me? I hear you can make miracles...... make the Grinch tape play!!" At this very moment he is almost asleep listening to the audio, despite the picture not working.... it hasn't worked in any of the other 8 vcrs I hooked up. Yep, 8 vcrs....
     Katie and I have this ongoing joke between us, we laugh about it at work quite a bit. We believe that we are Gods reality show. We think if they are watching anything up there, they are watching us try and fail. Its probably a huge hit. If it were true, we should win some kind of award for being such a great variety show all these years.
     I wonder tonight if I may be a little to stressed out. This is the 9th day of Christmas vacation. Not a lot of opportunities for work with all the holidays.... so on the days when we need more income for all of the hours and days of entertaining our boys.... we literally have nothing. But.... we are working on something, and with any luck it will be a huge success and finally we will be able to climb out of the ravages of "abject poverty" as our fellow Autism sister Michelle so eloquently puts it.
    A person can buy just about anything online, or at Walmart.... where is that money tree we need so badly? I'm guessing its growing beside the fountain of youth.

Until tomorrow..........
      

No comments:

Post a Comment