Friday, December 27, 2013

Day #53

     I'm not sure how many of you know how much I LOVE Phantom of the Opera..... I love it, and the movie starring Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum is my favorite version of it. I have watched it so many times.... I have it memorized. Most of us have a song we could listen to over and over, but me.... I have movies I watch over and over, several actually, all love stories, but Phantom is by far, one I have my own love affair with.
     I sometimes play the soundtrack in my truck as I'm going nowhere and anywhere .That music just soaks into my soul, I wish everyone could see what I see in that production and feel what I feel when I hear it, I think it is just beautiful. If you haven't seen it.... you should make it a point to watch it, or listen to it.
      I have said many times what a hopeless romantic I am, and something about the Phantom and Christine and their love for each other is so breathtaking. Maybe because it wasn't ultimately about what they looked like to each other, it was about how their music spoke to each others hearts.
     Phantom sang toward the end "Masquerade, paper faces on parade, masquerade, hide your face so the world will never find you"  That short sweet part of that production always makes me cry, no matter how many times I hear it or see it, because all he really wants is people to accept him. He makes beautiful music, but everyone still thinks he's a monster, because of his face. Oh anyway...
Maybe somehow that applies to life in general... we all want people to see the beauty within and most of the time they don't.

Until tomorrow..........

No comments:

Post a Comment