Friday, December 27, 2013

Day #52

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!!!

     I made it through this day!!! Two trips to the truck stop, and Max ate nothing, he has a cold and he isn't feeling well.
     Grandma made me laugh all day with her dancing video... I watched it over and over and laughed so hard, I couldn't breathe. That was so nice. Laughter is definitely a great pill for the heart.
     Katie and Asher and the rest of their family had a nice peaceful day as well. That is so nice, because often days like that are few and far between for so many of us.
     When I woke up this morning Max had already taken all the videos I wrapped up for him, into his room and unwrapped them, so I didn't get a single picture until Grandma and Aunt Tiki arrived with presents. He doesn't really wake me up these days, which we decided, isn't a good thing. I think I will need to revisit the consideration for alarms on my doors... just in case he decided to go outside without waking me up. That is such a frightening thought, and many of you who have read all of my posts understand why.
     I'd like to think he wouldn't wander off, but one can never be certain, and even though he is 5'10, he is still my little Peanut, that can't tell anyone where he belongs if he gets lost. Thoughts of him getting lost make me sick to my stomach, so I do think alarms will probably be a part of our life in the days ahead when the weather gets nicer.
     I was thinking tonight as I was wandering through the truck stop, and watching all the people come and go.. where they were going.... where they were coming from.... and do they have an autistic child waiting outside with someone in their car too? Am I the only one that drives an hour and a half round trip twice in one day to buy French fries? It went through my mind over and over..... Am I the only one? What do other Mom's like Katie, Michelle and I, have to do, to get through holidays when for that 24 hour period.... everything in our worlds are turned upside down? I wonder what goes through their minds, what happens with their children.... and how many of them hold their breath like I do. 
     Now Max is sleeping, we survived another Christmas, and I have eaten way to much chocolate covered butter toffee. Jay enjoyed his gifts and tomorrow will be back to our normal......

Until tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment