Monday, November 12, 2012

Day # 29

When Jay was a little boy he used to have night terrors. I'd say once a month for about a year. I would be awakened by his screaming and go running into his room, only to find him sound asleep thrashing around screaming and crying. It would take me several minutes to finally wake him up but the shear fear he dreamed would linger for hours after he was awake. Usually he was being chased by wolves and was running for his life, sometimes it was monsters but the majority of the time wolves. Tonight another kind of nightmare had him hysterical. I thought night terrors were just something young children experienced but this experience tonight..... I think will change him for some time. He dreamed he'd come down stairs and went outside straight into hell. He spent 4 years in hell being tortured and only woke up because a demon pushed him out of hell. He was absolutely traumatized, telling me that he died over and over the entire time he was there. It took me an hour to convince him that it was a nightmare and everyone he loved was really ok, that he was really ok. He was so upset at how vividly he remembered everything, he could barely talk, breathe or even move, almost like someone in shock. It was horrible for me as a Mom to hear what he dreamed, if I could make him forget it all I would. In this situation like so many others, I am helpless. I can only hope that over the days ahead it will fade from his memory, at the very least I hope the graphic details will fade. Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment