Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day #28

I've been staring at this screen for almost an hour now. I must have writers block or something like that.... but I did survive another non stop weekend. As Max and I were driving home from Grandma's today I got to thinking about Friday night. This doesn't have anything to do with autism, but rather being single. Most people would say I am delusional, I prefer to call it eternally hopeful. My Mom, sister and I watched the movie called "Letters to Juliet" Anyone who is a hopeless romantic has seen this movie and loved it as much as I did..... What I wonder is, I can't be the only one who believes that fairytales and great love stories are possible. Those who write the books, plays and movies imagine it just like I do, otherwise there wouldn't be great love stories right? It can't all be "just a story" How disappointing it would be if there wasn't the chance to have that kind of romance. Maybe that is why I am still single. My friend Devorah told me once that I was born 500 years to late.... why you may wonder? A couple reasons really. First because I have the layout of my castle that someday I will build and live in!!! Second because I still believe that my prince will come, and he should show up at my door on his horse and we will ride off into the sunset together. I told her that the reason he hasn't shown up yet is because in the last 10 years I've moved 13 times( issues with the education system and getting Max help). My Prince just hasn't been able to find me. I decided I am not going to settle for anything less than exactly what I want. Someday he will show up, he won't care about missing Monday night football, he won't be interested in antlers or big fish to hang on his wall.... he will be studying the plans for the castle I have drawn, and we'll build it together!! Until tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment